Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pregnancy Lessons Learned at a Wedding..

So yesterday I was at a wedding and learned some important pregnancy lessons as the day progressed...

1. Pregnant women should not wear 5 inch heals (well at least this one)....they cause swelling and numbness which will lead to falling and scraped knees, bruised hands and broken sunglasses


The above is pretty straight forward...after the church, I was walking back to my car...I'd honestly only been wearing the heels for maybe an hour...not even walking since the wedding was sitting in a pew at the church...and for some reason my whole foot went numb...I was mid-stride when this happened, so needless to say...I fell. I knew it was coming so I took the entire impact on my knee and hand. I scraped my knee nicely and my hand had a couple of cuts, a blood blister and is bruised where I landed on my sunglasses...which also didn't fare very well...and are broken :( BUT I'm ok and so is the baby...the fall really wasn't a big deal and if I wasn't pregnant no one would of even noticed...

2. Being sober at weddings isn't as much fun as being not sober...or at least partially not sober...

Enough said...

3. If I stay up until 2:30 am...I will still wake up at 8am...

Yea...thanks body...I appreciate the 5.5 hours of sleep...but it would of been nice to sleep a little bit longer...just a little bit.

4. Expect EVERYONE to touch your belly without your permission

EVERYONE wanted to touch my belly yesterday...I'm at the point where I just expect people to touch it now so it really didn't bother me...but at the same time I was just like "enough already!!" By the end of the night I was a bit tired of talking about my pregnancy...I felt like a broken record...but I know people are just curious so I didn't let it show...and I am excited...just not excited about repeating myself 100 times

The wedding was great...but I seriously have a pregnancy hangover today and I didn't even drink!...I feel like I've been hit by a truck...my knee hurts, my ankle is slightly swollen and may be slightly twisted from my fall...I'm all bruised lol...you'd think that I had spent a late night at a bar if you were to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment