Totally stole this off a blog that I follow :) It;s one of those things I want to remember...so here it goes...
1. What name did you and your spouse call your baby before you knew the gender?
Mostly just baby...as soon as picked out a name we started calling him by that...at the very very beginning I called him my little jellybean :)
2. When did "Oh-my-gosh-we're-having-a-baby" really sink it?
I'd say in the last couple of weeks. I've had a lot of little moments...but no freak outs or anything throughout the pregnancy like "wow...there is a baby in there!"...but in the last couple of weeks I've been feeling anxious and excited all at the same time and just can't wait to meet him!
3. When you think of yourself as a mom, what's the first thing to come to mind?
that I can't believe I'm actually at this point in my life...and how I am going to love him sooooo much and try and be the best mom I possibly can be
4. Is your nursery complete? What's the theme and what do you have left to complete?
Almost done...we're waiting on a dresser that should arrive in the next week or so...crib is set up and the room is painted and decorated. We went with a blue and brown airplane theme...artwork can be seen in my previous post.
5. List 5 qualities you hope your baby will possess:
1. easy going 2. good sleeper 3. happy demeanour 4. snuggly 5. good eater
6. What's your ideal labor experience?
fast and painless lol...goodluck eh!?
7. List 5 things that have changed in your relationship with your spouse since you've been pregnant:
Not a whole lot has changed to be honest...we discuss being parents and how we want our son to be...hubby works a second job at the moment putting away some extra cash while we wait for him to arrive..
8. List 5 things you think will change once your baby arrives:
1. less sleep 2. My dog won't be the centre of attention annymore 3. no work for a year 4. lots of walking hopefully...get that pre-baby body back! 5. new most important person in DH and my life...
9. Where do you think you'll be when you go into labor? Why?
I'm hoping at home...and not at work...
10. Have you been talking to your baby? Playing music?
I talk to him sometimes...so does DH. I only play my regular music..which baby likes :) gets him moving all over on the drives home
11. In what ways do you hope your baby is like your spouse?
his eyes...his work ethic...his sports abilities since I have none lol...math skills
12. In what ways do you hope your baby is like you?
independent, easy going, calm, smart...
13. How long will you wait for the next baby, or if this is your last one, why/why not?
Probably a couple of years...we want to be done before I am 30..so that gives us 3 years and a bit after he is born...I figure within the next 2 baby #2 will come along
14. What kind of grandparents do you think your baby will have?
Ones that spoil him...well at least our mom's will. My Mom aka Nana has already bought pretty much every item of clothing I own for him plus all of the other extras she has bought...and she isn't stopping. DH's mom is super excited too so I know he'll be spoiled on that side too. My dad says he will be around...but we'll see how that goes.
15. Who will be with you during labor? Who will visit you in the hospital during your recovery?
DH will be with me...our parents and siblings will most likely come and visit while we're at the hospital.
16. How much will you tell your baby (child, teenager) about your past? Why/why not?
Whatever he wants to know...I don't have anything that I feel like I need to keep hidden
17. Do you have any hopes for your child's activities? (Sports, academics, school preference, activities, etc)
I want him to do well in school and we're hoping he will enjoy sports like his daddy...a little NHL player would be nice lol
18. When will you tell your baby about the birds and the bees?
when the time comes...
19. In what ways do you hope you'll parent like your parents did? In what ways do you hope you aren't like them?
I hope to instill the good values and independence my mom instilled in me...and the hard working ethic I have as well. My mom did the best she could and I hope to do the same. I really don't want to be a snoopy mom...but I have a feeling that when the time comes I won't be able to resist.
20. Which childhood memory do you hope your child will have (similar to one you fondly remember)?
Spending time together doing fun family things...trips to the park, skating, other things...reading together, playing together...lots of things...
21. And finally, Be annoying! What "advice" do you want newly pregnant women to know?
Do what is best for you (and baby obviously)...and enjoy being pregnant the best you can...don't sweat the small stuff...everything works out in the end!