Sunday, July 25, 2010

This week....

So unfortunately I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted to...but on the bright side...I started book #2 of the 50 I need to read...my goal is to finish it this week, my next book will be Eat, Pray, Love...which will mark book #3 and also be a new author for me...so two birds with one stone :)

Last weekend Mike and I went to a taping of Comedy Now! which is a comedy show played here on CTV. One of the comics is pretty well known in the industry, Glen Foster. He has made appearances on several tapings of Just For Laughs and Comedy Now!...so I guess that knocks off 37. See a famous stand-up comedian live. The show was hilarious...I was dying of laughter at some points. There were actually two comedians that night...one hour was Glen Foster and the second hour was a new up and coming comedian. It is definitely something that we would do again :)

I also watched a few movies so I can knock a few off the alphabet too! This weekend I watched Did You Hear about the Morgans?, Planet 51, Mulligans and Inception.

Did You Hear About the Morgans
was pretty funny. It stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant...basically its about a couple who witness a murder and have to go into a witness protection program. It was free on TMN on Demand so I figured why not!?, as were the next two movies I watched...

Planet 51 is a cartoon about aliens...lots of famous people do the voices for the characters including Justin Long and Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock). Honestly it was cute...it had some funny moments and was pretty much a twist on the "aliens invading our planet" theme. Basically the movie is based on an alien planet "Planet 51" and an astronaut lands on the planet and the aliens believe that he is an alien who is there to take over their planet.

Mulligans was ok...not at all what I thought it was going to be about based on the description I read. I assumed it was going to be about friends (what I thought would be a guy and a girl) who fall in love with each other over the summer...but nope it was about two guys who spend the summer at one of the guy's family summer houses...the best friend admits that hes gay and then secretly has a fling with his best friend's father. The acting wasn't terrible for a B movie but meh the storyline was kind of boring.

Inception was awesome!! Mike and I went to a late viewing of the movie on Saturday night. The special affects and storyline were really good! It's pretty long (2.5 hours) but we weren't bored for a single minute of the movie....highly recommended if you haven't already seen it!

I have decided that for my scrapbook I am going to make a scrapbook for Mike and I over the years....it's obviously not a scrapbook that I can finish before this challenge is done but it is something that will be well under way by that point. Before our anniversary next month I am going to pick up a scrapbook at Michaels and get started. I'll start with a couple of pages of us over the past few years, followed by an engagement page and finally one for our wedding. I will then do a page for our 1 year anniversary and any big life event following. I'm excited!! I have a bunch of scrapbooking stuff already, and now I have a plan so time to get started!

To address my last message...I sent my so called BFF a bbm message pretty much asking if we were ever going to get together for dinner...like we've been talking about for the last couple of months....or if I should just give up...and the response pretty much says it all.....I haven't gotten a response yet! Oh well I guess...

Anyways...hopefully this week I can accomplish more off my list :) Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for crossing things off! I'm starting "Eat, Pray, Love" too! My best friend and I are starting a book club and its our first book! We will probably be doing weekly check-in discussion sessions on my blog and we'd love for you to join in with your thoughts if you'd like. I haven't started it yet, but I'm excited! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete