Sunday, July 11, 2010

50 Questions to Open Your Mind...

Alright...so I thought I would tackle something on my list today and since hubby is busy watching FIFA I thought I would do the 50 Questions to Open Your Mind Survey that is on my list....so here goes!!

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? hmmm...I feel like a 30 year old...but looking at me I would think I was maybe 20ish
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never Trying
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so
many things we don’t do?
because it's easier to do what we're used to then to venture out and try something new...and if people are anything like me...we're very good at procrastinating
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Most likely...I tend to say I am going to do things and then don't...hopefully this project will help me with that
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? Poverty
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? What I do now...working with children...they make me happy every day :)
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? a little bit of both...I love working with children and I know what I do helps build their foundation for later in life...but at the same time I'm sure there is more that I could be doing
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? hmm...I'd spend my time doing more that I love doing...have a house and kids by now too probably
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I would say 75%ish
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I would stand up for the friend in some way...knowing me the other people still wouldn't stop, but I would at least say that I didn't agree with what they were saying...and if it got bad enough I would probably leave
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? you are loved
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? If it was a matter of life and death, YES
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? yes
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? the way I eat...I don't like when things touch on the plate...yuck!
16) How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? because not everyone feels the same way about the same things I do
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? buy a house...mostly money is holding us back...but we'll have our own house one day
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? I'm going to say yes...I have a tendency to do that...I always feel like I need to hold onto things in order to keep the memories and feelings intact...even though deep down I know that's not true.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Out East somewhere...life is so much quieter there
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? sometimes..I know it doesn't make it come any faster but I can be impatient
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? A joyful Simpleton. I already worry enough as it is, and it is not productive.
22. Why are you, you? this is just who I am...this is the person that life has made me out to be
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I try to be...and I like to think that I am
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a friend who lives right near you.
25. What are you most grateful for? Being alive
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I would rather not be able to make new ones...like I said before I tend to hold on to memories...and they've made me who I am
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? nope
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? yes...it felt like the end of the world..but no it doesn't matter at all now
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Christmases at Nana and Papa's house...it was a time when all of the family was together and it is even more special because Nana and Papa were still here...
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? working with the kiddies
32. If not now, then when? Then never
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? that feeling of triumph...that you were actually able to do it...even when people tell you you can't
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yes
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? lots of reasons...money, politics, greed...the list goes on and on...
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? no...its a fine line that can easily be crossed, but does not have an actual definite definition
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? maybe....I'd maybe work part-time or just do volunteer work...a million dollars doesn't last that long nowadays
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I actually enjoy doing.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yes, I have
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? probably never
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I'd throw a party and have them all over
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? nope...it wouldn't make me any happier.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? everyone is alive...truly living is what makes you feel alive...it's living your life to the best of your potential..
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? probably right away....but I think everything over way too much
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? because sometimes we don't always learn from a mistake the first time...its only normal to fear making a mistake
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Probably nothing.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? every now and then...when I have a panic attack...not the best time to think about it but its when it becomes most obvious
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? Family, Friends, Mike, the dog....and yes I let them know I love them everyday
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? probably not because I didn't do anything really worth remembering...
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I try to make my own decisions...I do whats best for me and my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment