Friday, March 30, 2012

On to week 2 of Mommyhood!

I can't believe my little Peanut is going to be 3 weeks old on Monday! Time feels like it is flying by already :(

This week has been a lot easier on us...I think we are finally settling into a routine, which is nice. I'm getting used to Cole's feeding schedule (which generally is about every 3 hours give or take a bit) and I'm learning how long it takes to get ready to head out with a baby. Breast feeding is still well...what it is lol...I've kind of come to terms with the fact that it just isn't meant to be with us and have resorted to pumping and feeding him that and the odd time throwing in a bottle of formula to give myself a rest. I figure I will continue this process for a few more months and then I might switch to formula exclusively. Cole will have benefited from my antibodies and other good stuff for a few months, so I don't feel like I've cheated him out of anything.

We met our pediatrician this week :) She seems really nice and was really happy with how Cole is doing so far. He is weighing in at just over 8lbs now, so he has surpassed his birth weight, which makes me happy! He has started staying awake for longer periods of time between feedings, especially in the evenings when Daddy gets home.

Sometimes when I am just sitting here by myself, Cole is sleeping and Mike is at work...I find the concept of me being a mom so crazy. I can't believe that I have reached this point in my life....it's so exciting and scary and wonderful all at the same time. I love this little person so much and I don't even really know him all that well yet. Well...until next weeks rambles...take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment