Saturday, August 14, 2010

Food...glorious food!

I didn't cross anything officially off my list this week, but I started a couple of them :)

One of my items on the list is to try a new recipe once a week for 3 months...and in the last 2 weeks, I've started this :) Last week we made burgers and needed a side dish, but neither of us wanted the usual fried potatoes or baked potato, so I decided to try making rosemary oven roasted potatoes....SO YUMMY!! Mind you, I didn't really use a recipe....I just kind of threw together a bunch of spices on some new potatoes that we had sitting around. I covered them in oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, paprika and garlic powder. They were so good, but next time I think I'll use a little more spices on them!

This week we went grocery shopping and we came across small whole chickens...so I decided we should get one and I would make roast chicken for dinner...which was honestly the best idea ever! I made it tonight for dinner...I cooked the whole chicken, rubbed it with oil, rosemary (yes rosemary again lol), thyme, salt, pepper and garlic powder...added some water and put some onions on top of the chicken and in the water and slow roasted it for a couple of hours. The chicken turned out so tender that it was falling apart as we tried to take it out of the pan. For side dished I made mashed potatoes, cobs of corn (Ontario grown yay!) and crescent rolls. It was the best dinner I've cooked...like ever lol. I'm becoming quite the little chef!

I also tried something new...which is one of my items (to try 5 new foods). Mike and I were out to dinner on Friday night at East Side's and he ordered scallop carbonara. I have never tried scallops...as I don't really like seafood. I asked him if I could try it...just to taste it so he let me. So my new food is scallops...can't say that I will eat it again, but at least I can say I know what one tastes like!

I've also been keeping up with the gym this week. I've gone three times, for roughly an hour each night. Hopefully I can keep this up!

I'm still reading Eat, Pray, Love...and it seems to be taking me a while. I don't know why but I can't read this book quickly. I know many many many people LOVE this book...but I'm finding it just OK...but who knows...maybe I'll get into it this week. My goal is to finish reading it by the end of this week.

Well until next week...adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment