I feel totally honoured to have been nominated twice for the Liebster Award :) I want to send out a thank you to Megan (Life Lessons of a New Mommy) and Ryanne (A Method in the Madness) for nominating me for this award. Basically the Liebster Award Nomination is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers, it helps promote their blogs and lets you get to know them a little bit better! If you get nominated you cannot nominate the person who nominated you (No Tagbacks!). The point of the Liebster Award is to answer questions, tell 11 secrets about yourself, and nominate 11 other bloggers who fit the criteria. Here it goes!
11 Things About Me:
- Growing up I always wanted to write and illustrate children's books. Lately I've been thinking back to that and have contemplated the idea again...if I can find the patience to sit and finish one.
- I have a bad habit of growing my hair really long, then cutting it all off because I get "bored" and hating it....then starting the whole process all over again.
- I have 8 tattoos....all of them can be hidden if I want them to be. I started getting them when I was 17 and have been addicted ever since. Want to know what and where...just ask!
- I hate being late to anything....it is one of my biggest pet peeves!
- I had my appendix taken out 6 years ago...which believe it or not was comparable to childbirth lol
- I don't really like vegetables...I like more than I used to but I don't go out of my way to eat them
- When I was younger I competed in a "Jeopardy" style movie game show...I was only like 11 and I beat out all of the adults, what can I say...I love movies!
- I often go back and forth about opening my own childcare centre one day.
- I would love to go back to school and get my Bachelor's Degree in Education, but probably never will.
- I would rather read a book than watch TV any day....I can get really lost in a good book...or even a not so good one for that matter.
- I apparently create cuddle monsters....I love cuddling...it started with the dog and has now moved on to cuddling with my son.
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?I decided to start a blog because I enjoy writing. I've had quite a few blogs over the years, most have them have faded away and just been forgotten about. This is probably the longest I have ever kept a blog. When I started this one I wanted to track my 1001/101 project...which I never finished....and now it has turned into accounts of being a Mom and watching my son grow up.
2. How did you know that your spouse was THE ONE? (If single, what traits are you looking for in a future spouse?) It's hard to say. I kind of just knew from day one. We fell in love more quickly then I had ever fallen in love before and everything just seemed perfect for once, and continued to stay that way even as time went on.
3. Name the 3 most important people in your life. Why are they so important? 1.My Mom - she is such a strong woman and has always been there for me no matter what. She has taught me some of life's most valuable lessons and I look up to her so much. 2. My husband - he sticks by my side and helps me through all of the ups and downs in life. He has helped me created a wonderful life for us and our family and he works so hard to keep us all happy. 3 - My Son. He is my everything. He is the one person in this world that I would do ANYTHING for. I love have more than I could ever write here or anywhere else.
4. How do your personal beliefs (social/religious/philosophical) differ from your upbringing now that you are an adult? How have they stayed the same? A lot of them have stayed the same to be honest, overall they are much more mature beliefs that when I was growing up, as I take these things a lot more seriously then I did back then but the core principles of them all have stayed the same.
5. If you had a million dollars, how would you spend it? I would buy our "forever" home, get us some new vehicles and pay off any debts that we had at the time....just make life a little bit more comfortable.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Enjoying my family, hopefully with one more member of it. Not much will have changed I would imagine other than being older and the children being a bit more grown up.
7. What is one way you are seeking to improve yourself this year? We are looking to hopefully start adding to our family, I am trying to sort out the good friendships vs. the toxic ones and I am just trying to be a better person in general myself (helping others out when I can, keeping in touch with family and friends, being there when people need me, etc.)
8. What is the best book you have ever read? I really like the book A Fraction of the Whole (hmmmm...where have we heard that before :P) by Steve Toltz. It was a great book and one of the more grown up books I have read in a while.
9. What song describes your mood today?I honestly don't know....I've been so busy all day but in a pretty good mood. The song stuck in my head today is "Stompa" by Serena Ryder
10. Do you have any pets? yes, we have one dog, Kairo. She is a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix
11. Do you have a bucket list? no I don't. I'm bad at finishing things once I start them so I figured why bother?
11 Questions from Megan:
1) What is your favorite quote? Live, Love, Laugh....so simple but says a lot at the same time
2) What are 5 things your can't live without? Food, Family, Friends, Books and Music
3) Least favorite chore? Laundry and dishes...they tie for the worst chore
4) What is your favorite blog entry, you ever posted? Post it here: My Life Lessons Posts were probably two of my favourite posts. I could probably add to those now lol
5) What is the one song you could play over and over again, and not get sick of? Right now I love Hey Ho by the Lumineers and Red Hands by Walk off the Earth
6) What is your next vacation spot? Anywhere....seriously I would take a vacation anywhere at this point!! Most likely it will be to Disneyland when Cole gets older
7) If you had to live on one food for the rest of your life, what would that one food be? Cheeseburgers....seriously....
8) What year was the best year of your life? Why? My most memorable year was my second year in College...I had a lot of good times that year and I also met Mike, which was the beginning of this great new adventure. Last year was pretty awesome too since I became a mom :)
9) Favorite blog of all time? That is not one that you nominated. I love reading Parenting. Illustrated with Crappy Pictures. She is hilarious!!
10) Biggest pet peeve? People who are late!
11) What thing do you splurge on yourself? nothing really...sometimes clothes or shoes but that doesn't happen very often.
11 Questions for You:
- You write a blog...why?
- If you could be anyone else for just one day, who would you be and why?
- If you could go back in time and change anything, what would you change and why?
- What is one life lesson you learned the hard way?
- Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
- What is one piece of advice you would like to offer your readers?
- Top 3 moments in your life. List Them:
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be and why?
- Who are the three most important people in your life and why?
- You just won the lottery....what is the first thing you do?
The Nominees Are (in no particular order):
....and I stop at 10 because most of the blogs I used to follow have been inactive for over a year...but please check out the above blogs. They rock!!