Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Showers of Happiness and 2 Month Checkups!

Hard to believe that the little Peanut is already 9 weeks old!! Yesterday we went for our 2 month checkup and vaccinations. We are now weighing in at 13.2lbs and measuring 25 inches long. That means he has almost doubled his birth weight and grown 4 inches since he was born, looks like I am going to have a big boy on my hands and explains why he is already starting to outgrow his 3 month clothing. We had to get our vaccinations as well yesterday...talk about heartbreaking! I have never heard him cry in pain yet and I hope I don't have to hear it again...and it's not like he even cried long, only for a minute or so. Otherwise the Peanut is doing well and looking healthy!

 It's crazy how much he has changed in the last 9 weeks...we've gone from sleeping all day and not really doing a whole lot to small catnaps during the day, lots of playing and TONS of smiling and babbling! He is developing quite the little personality already too...I suspect that he is most likely going to be a little troublemaker with a great sense of humour lol. We have been out and about a lot lately and people keep telling me the same thing everywhere I go.."I can't believe how alert and aware he is for 2 months"..people actually don't believe me when I say he is 2 months old because he pays so much attention to everything around him. I have truly been blessed with an amazing little man!

Last weekend we had our second baby shower and got lots of fun new things! Since I already had everything I needed for him as a newborn I updated my registry to make it more geared towards the first year. We received a lot of fun and colourful toys and books, a new stroller, a wagon and some other fun baby gear! I just have to organize everything and find a place for it, our house is slowly being overrun by baby items!!

No comments:

Post a Comment