Sunday, October 30, 2011

Baby Registries = Tiring

Who would have thought that making up a baby registry would be so tiring? A brand new Toys R Us opened up just down the street from me this weekend and they were having a bunch of grand opening sales, so I decided that it would be a good time to put together my registry. My sister wanted to come along, so together we went over to explore the Babies R Us and add a bunch of stuff to my registry...which was exciting since we now know that Baby B is a BOY!! (My mother's intuition was spot on in predicting the sex of the baby :D)

We probably spent a good hour or so at the store scanning all sorts of things...from breast pumps to bottles, blankets to diapers. Picking out nursery items was hard...I wasn't sure what kind or colour of crib I wanted or what bedding I was interested in and Mike was of no help. Apparently he doesn't care what the nursery looks like, he's just going to paint it and build it...so whatever. Once a crib and dresser/changer and bedding were picked out...we were off to the travel section of the store. Every mother in the city must have been out in full force for the stroller and car seat sales they had going on. I stood in the background and listened to sales associates answer everyone's questions about different strollers and finally made a decision on the one that I wanted. I picked an Eddie Bauer travel system which includes the stroller and infant car seat/carrier. All in all, making the registry was fun...scanning things for our little guy to use when hes born...but it was so tiring! When I left I was ready for a good afternoon nap...which is exactly what happened by time i got home :).

After all the scanning I did in store, I still came home to add stuff online and remove things I didn't really want so much...and I have yet to make another trip to the store to add a couple of things I forgot. I ended up changing my mind about the stroller...at the store I debated between two Eddie Bauer strollers...and later changed my mind to the second one, as I could also get a matching playard and high chair, all of which were on sale...taking the grand total down by a whopping $260. My mom and sisters purchased the above for me, and will be shipped in the next week. It's exciting to have our first real usable furniture bought and on the way! I can't wait to see all of the other stuff we get when the time comes (not that I'm being greedy)...it's just so exciting...especially now that we know "it" is a HE!

No comments:

Post a Comment