Friday, September 2, 2011

Love is in the air...or...umm...babies? are :)

Seems like everywhere I turn lately people are telling me they're pregnant! A couple of my co-workers are pregnant, many of the parents are pregnant, some friends of mine are pregnant...many of the blogs I follow have announced that they are pregnant....babies are everywhere!

The exciting thing is....so am I! Hubby and I found out that we were expecting in July....after a week long denial on my part. I just wouldn't believe that pregnancy was an option at the time, as we were planning to start trying in the near future but hadn't actually started. Well...surprise! I was!

Finding out with the HPT was one thing...I went to see my doctor within the next couple of days to confirm everything, which lead to a crazy whirlwind of scariness for an almost 2 week period. When I was about 5 weeks I was sent for an U/S and nothing could be seen...not a sac not a blur...nothing! So I was told to come back in 10 days for a follow up, but to prepare myself as it was very possible I was about to miscarry. 10 days later I went back....anddddd.....I got to to only see my little jelly bean...but I got to see it's heart beating :)

Our plan was not to tell anyone other then immediate family until we hit the second trimester...but that plan soon came crashing down when no one could keep a secret! Over the last two weeks it feels like the whole world has found out...but I'm over it! I'm trying to enjoy this time in my life and I don't have time to worry about what other people are doing and saying. I'm 12 weeks this weekend...and hoping that the "morning" sickness soon subsides! My "baby bump" is slowly emerging and my clothes aren't quite fitting as well as they used to....but I'm excited for this journey ahead of me!

Now that the secret is out...I'll try and update more often

No comments:

Post a Comment